Vince Urquhart, CPE, B.A (Religion), MDiv (Pastoral), M.A. (Counselling) - Registered Psychotherapist
Vince specializes in counselling:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Panic Disorder (PAD)
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Domestic Violence
- Spiritual Direction
- Spiritual Counselling
- Integrative Counselling (psycho-spiritual approach)
- Pre-Marital Counselling
- Existential Questions: Who am I? Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life?
Vince has experienced the following symptoms:
- Anxiety attacks
- Avoiding activities, places, thoughts, or feelings that are reminders of trauma
- Couldn't catch breath when entering places associated with trauma
- Crisis Thinking
- Depressive mood/thoughts of death/suicidal ideation
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty thinking, speaking, concentrating and forming thoughts
- Easily distracted
- Expecting the worst
- Imagining the worst
- Fear of making mistakes or looking foolish to others
- Fear of losing my mind (Dementia)
- Fear of death
- Fear of losing control
- Fear of small confined spaces (claustrophobia)
- Fear of what others think of me/rejection
- Feeling detached from others
- Fear of judgment by others
- Fear of public speaking/embarrassment
- Frequent feelings of unreality and disassociation
- Racing Heart/Heart palpitations
- Heightened self-awareness, or self-consciousness
- Restless sleeping patterns
- Inability to remember important aspects of the trauma
- Intense physical reactions to reminders of the event (pounding heart, rapid breathing, nausea, muscle tension, sweating)
- Negative thinking
- Not feeling like yourself, detached from loved ones, emotionally numb
- Obsessed with sleeping and/or not sleeping
- Overwhelming fear of conflict
- Panic attacks
- “Freezing” – inability to move
- Uncontrolled crying
- Skin problems, rashes, hives, dryness, flaky skin
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Separation Anxiety
- Social anxiety/withdrawal
- Urge to flee or run away
FREE 15-MINUTE CONSULTATION
If you have questions or would like to get a sense of Vince's approach and personality, he offers a free 15-minute consultation.
Not only is it important to work with a knowledgeable therapist, but it's also important to have a good personality fit. You can ask him about the free consultation when booking your appointment.
Vince has attained his Bachelor of Religion from Taylor University, a Master of Divinity from The Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary and a Master of Arts in Counselling from Providence Theological Seminary in Otterburne, MB. He is in good standing with his professional licenced body as a Certified Professional Counsellor (CPC) at PACCP - Professional Association of Christian Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
His experience as a pastor of 10 years has groomed him to be a competent and confident therapist today. His past experience includes executive pastoral position of a large congregation, leadership and teaching.
His passion to see every client experience healthy living, wholeness and healing has propelled him to specialize in anxiety disorders and existential therapy from a young age of 15 to 90 years.
He is equally certified and qualified in Transactional Analysis (TA), Gottman Method Couples Therapy treatment approaches (Level 1 & 2) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). His specialization at a master’s level of education allows him to equally balance the science of psychology and faith element of spirituality.
His passion is to meet everyone on this journey of debilitating anxiety, trauma, hurtful church experiences and spiritual abuse to now experience a new-found freedom, hope and authenticity with one’s life and faith.
Vince has been symptom-free without the use of medications for 12 years.
He volunteers his time as the president of a non-profit organization to help lower income people have affordable counselling opportunities. He enjoys the outdoors with his family spending many hours hunting, fishing, camping, canoeing.
Vince has personally experienced anxiety and phobia’s ever since he was a young boy. At 3 years old, Vince had a near death experience which resulted in a prolonged hospitalisation. This experience led to separation anxiety with an overwhelming fear of hospitals and death until the age of 35.
In his early teens and young adult years, his anxious thoughts and feelings continued to produce destructive behaviors while undermining his self-confidence, self-esteem and self-worth.
After the loss and grief of several loved ones, Vince took it upon himself to explore and discover “exposure therapy” with a determination to tackle and address his core fears of failure, death, abandonment and rejection. Insecurity, personal detachment from others, lingering interpersonal insecurities, lack of self-confidence, unwillingness to take risks, perfectionism, worry, self-protection, and low self-esteem were some of the factors inhibiting his ability to cope with everyday life and live life to its fullest.
Through Vince’s tenacity and perseverance over the past 12 years of his life, he has chosen not to allow fear to rule his life and destroy the things he loves while dedicating his personal mission to help those who suffer from anxiety, phobias and fears.
Through many sessions of therapy and self-discovery, Vince has become a more compassionate and genuine person to those who suffer, accepting his accomplishments and his failures, aware of his own needs and the needs of other’s, empathetic towards to those suffer from debilitating anxiety, phobias, fears and worry.
Living fear-free, Vince is now able to assist others as a compassionate and passionate anxiety therapist with one goal in mind - to help others write a new chapter of living a life of freedom!
Recovery Stories and Testimonials
Click on each link to read the complete testimonial.
- Thank you, Vince, and anxietycentre.com - S.B., Canada
- Thank You And God Bless. I Have Now Reached A Recovery Stage - Nicole M., USA
- Anxietycentre.com Is Truly A Great Program For Anxiety Disorder - Karla M., Canada
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including anxiety therapist Vince Urguhart.
Recovery Support Benefits
√ 5000+ pages of self-help information.
√ Information you won't find elsewhere.
√ Information is updated and added to daily.
√ Comprehensive symptoms section with each symptom described and explained.
√ Frequent Questions section with answers to over 1300 questions commonly asked about anxiety.
√ Skype Live Call-In with Jim Folk and guests, as well as over 100 hours of recorded discussions.
√ Private members discussion forum with years of discussions and answers.
√ And so much more.
"The member's area of your website has the best anxiety symptoms section anywhere.
Now, I know what to do. You guys are great!!" - J.G.
See Recovery Stories