You often hear people say to "calm down" when anxious. However, sometimes that request can be confusing if the person doesn't feel calm even though they are trying to calm themselves down.
This discussion between Stacey Ellertson, a senior recommended anxiety disorder therapist with anxietycentre.com, and Jim Folk, the president of anxietycentre.com, unpacks a similar yet less confusing approach to calming oneself down when anxious.
Play the video below to hear how behaving calmly can be helpful in treating anxiety disorder.
Both Stacey Ellertson and Jim Folk struggled with anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Their recovery and lasting success testifies to the effectiveness of treating anxiety disorder with therapy, good self-help information, and effort.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Videos.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including Behave Calmly.