Drug Industry Marketing: The Implications And Consequences
Pfizer to pay record $2.3 billion penalty
Justice Department cites unlawful prescription-drug promotions
"Federal prosecutors hit Pfizer Inc. with a record-breaking $2.3 billion in fines Wednesday and called the world’s largest drug maker a repeating corporate cheat for illegal drug promotions that plied doctors with free golf, massages, and resort junkets."
A recent New York Times article describes how Forest Laboratories, makers of Lexapro, turned "a medicinal afterthought into a best seller."
This is another example of how Big Pharma influences what medical professionals prescribe.
For more information:
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Tips page.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including The Implications And Consequences Of Drug Industry Marketing.