Is addictions treatment similar to treatment for anxiety disorder? And do any of your anxietycentre therapists help people with addictions?
I heard recently that dealing with addictions, such as alcohol and drugs, could be dealt with the same way as anxiety disorder, since the underlying factors of addiction are similar to that of anxiety disorder. Is this true? If so, do any of your therapists help people with addictions?
Yes, treating addictions can be similar to treating anxiety disorder. Since the underlying factors that cause issues with addiction are similar to those of anxiety disorder, both can be treated in a similar manner.
And again, yes. Some of our recommended therapists also specialize in addiction counseling. For example, our therapists Amanda Diehl, Hellen Krahn, Brian Sellers, Sheri Vincent, and Chris Papastamos also specialize in addiction therapy. For more information about each therapist, click on their respective links.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Frequent Questions page.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including How Addictions Can Be Treated Similar To Anxiety Disorder.