Marie's areas of focus:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Marriage and family
- Personal Development
- Social Anxiety Issues
- Generalized Anxiety Issues
- Panic issues
- Communication/Relationship/Social Skills Issues
- Depression/Mood Issues
- Grief/Loss Issues
- Parenting Issues
- Personal Motivation/Goal Setting
- Stress Management Issues
- Issues related to faith and Christian beliefs
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder
- Education/Learning Disabilities
In addition to being an experienced anxiety disorder psychotherapist, Marie has a special interest in working with Anxious Adults, Child and Parent Therapy, and Psychometric Testing. Marie speaks English and French.
Marie experienced the following symptoms:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty thinking/concentrating
- Heart palpitations
- Irritability, on edge
- Muscle tension, stiffness, pain
- Cold hands and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Marie grew up in a dysfunctional home where stress was common place. Her asthma got so bad that she was on multiple medications and could hardly participate in daily life. Her allergies were also quite severe, to the point that at one point in early childhood, she was allergic to her own hair. Marie’s mother suffered from mental health issues that adversely affected Marie’s life.
In late adolescence, Marie struggled with severe anxiety whereupon she often felt paralyzed. Marie learnt how to cope and heal through her relationship with the Lord and her horse. Today, Marie is happily married and healthy. She is compassionate to those that struggle with challenging life circumstances. Both personal and professional experiences has prepared Marie to help individuals and families find the keys in difficult situations. Marie believes if she can heal, anybody can heal. She is passionate about this view and aims to infuse hope into those she works with.
Marie has a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology from Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in addition to a second undergraduate degree in Psychology from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Her graduate work is comprised of a Master of Science in Psychology from Walden University and additional course work from University of Calgary and Duke University.
Marie’s professional training includes having been trained by Dr. Bruce Perry of the Child Trauma Academy and Dr. Daniel Hughes of the Dyadic Developmental Institute. She also did training with Dr. Karyn Purvis whereupon she completed that Adult Attachment Interview and rated as a securely attached adult. This is testimony to God’s healing power in her life. She was also supervised by Dr. Joanne Crandell, Clinical Psychologist, as a way to keep current and complete hours toward becoming a psychological assistant registering with the College of Psychologist of British Columbia.
Marie has over twenty years working with individuals and families who struggle with a wide variety of challenges. She is often called in to work with difficult cases that other clinicians would not consider taking. Marie believes that there is health and healing for everyone and works hard to prayerfully find solutions with her clients.
Marie lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. Marie has two grown children.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.