Jacqueline's areas of focus:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Aging anxiety
- Anxiety Attacks and Panic Disorder
- Dying/Death anxieties and fears
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Health / Medical Anxiety
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder (PAD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual and spiritual)
- Depression/ Sadness
- Life Transitions
- Pre-marriage, Marriage, Separation, Divorce and Re-marriage
- Personal Development/Self Esteem
- Relational Issues (family, friends or work related)
- Seniors anxiety, issues
- Sexual Addiction
- Sleep Disturbance, Sleep Deprivation, Sleep Dread
- Spiritual Concerns (Faith, Living, Dying, Forgiveness)
- Stress Management
- Adults (18+)
Jacqueline experienced the following symptoms:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach aches
- Difficulty getting up in the morning
- Difficult with daily decisions
- Depressed mood
- Shallow breathing
- Racing, pounding heart
- Suicidal thoughts
- Inability to sit still
- Fearing the worst
- Numbness in arms and legs
- Feeling I was going crazy
I remember the exact day that my anxiety started. I was away with friends and I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I was nauseous, extremely tired and my body felt incredibly weak. I had never experienced anything quite like it. After visiting the doctor and ruling out other possibilities, I came to understand that I was experiencing anxiety.
What I did not know was that I had probably experienced anxiety most of my life, but now due to a culmination of many factors – it was something I could no longer ignore.
I grew up in a very strict home. My father had always been away a lot and somehow I had the role of the responsible child – helping my mother with my five older and younger siblings. I felt I was always on alert, never quite knowing what situation would await me. I was a quiet child and teenager, just trying to be good and trying to smooth over any challenges. I became a people pleaser and believed that if I could just do enough I would be valued, lovable and belong.
I thought I was managing fine until that day when my anxiety came upon me full force. My brother had suddenly passed away, I was working part time, doing my Master’s degree, leading a women’s group and raising my two young children. It was the wake up call to help me address with my thoughts and fears. I sought Christian counselling. I was then able to get the clarity to understand my beliefs and fears, and learn how to navigate them to make the changes I needed to live a healthy, balanced life.
In 2004, I graduated with Master’s Degree in Counselling, and opened my Private Practice. I have worked in Calgary, New Zealand (where I lived for 5 years) and now in Vancouver. I have also enjoyed teaching counselling, being the Director of a non-profit Christian counselling centre, and working with survivors of human trafficking. I am happily married to my husband of over 30 years and we have two lovely grown children.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.