Brian's areas of focus in counselling:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Panic Disorder (PAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Binge Eating
Brian experienced the following symptoms:
- Chest pains
- Chronic Indigestion/stomach problems
- Cold sweats
- Difficulty focusing and concentrating
- Difficulty swallowing during meals
- Digestive problems & discomfort
- Fear of hurting myself or loved ones
- Fear of losing my mind (Dementia)
- Jittery feelings
- Muscle spasms in legs
- Obsessive thoughts/Obsessions
- Pain in my joints
- Perceived allergic reactions
- Pressure in the head, especially eyes
- Seeing spots in vision/vision symptoms
- Sensitively to loud places
- Shallow breathing
- Tachycardia/Heart palpitations
- Tension in head and neck
- Thoughts of losing control
- and many more
free 15-minute consultation
If you have questions or would like to get a sense of Brian's approach and personality, she offers a free 15-minute consultation.
Not only is it important to work with a knowledgeable therapist, but it's also important to have a good personality fit. You can ask Brian about the free consultation when booking your appointment.
Brian Sellers understands the pain, suffering, and fear associated with anxiety and panic disorder. During his late adolescence and early adulthood, Brian experienced distressing symptoms and persistent panic attacks, with many symptoms and attacks coming “out-of-the-blue” and at any time.
While his condition was difficult, it was most problematic while he was driving. Many times, Brian would pull over on the side of the road or turn around and cancel his trip because of the overwhelming symptoms and fear.
As Brian’s anxiety condition escalated, he became fearful that something terrible would happen to him. He became obsessed with thoughts about death and dying. Convinced that he would never overcome his condition and that he would always struggle with his dreadful thoughts and feelings, Brian felt ashamed and thought that he was different from other people his age. While he desperately wanted to get rid of his condition, he didn’t know how.
In spite of Brian’s best efforts to eliminate his anxiety condition, it persisted throughout his college years. Afraid of being ridiculed and laughed at, Brian avoided talking about his thoughts and experiences. Consequently, he continued to struggle in silence.
A turning point came for Brian, however, in the fall of 1997. During a panic attack while driving, Summer, Brian’s wife who was his girlfriend at the time, asked him to challenge his fearful thinking, and that even though he felt awful he wasn’t going to die. Encouraged by Summer’s reassurance, instead of withdrawing in fear, Brian challenged his fearful thinking and soon learned that he could control his symptoms and fears, and consequently, his panic attacks. Over time, Brian fully conquered his panic disorder and returned to normal health. Brian has been panic attack-free for over ten years.
Wanting to help others, in 2004, Brian began working toward a master’s degree in counseling at the University of Montevallo in Montevallo, Alabama. In the fall of 2006, Brian and his family moved to Mississippi where he completed his Internship and began working as a counselor at Turning Point Counseling in the area of drug and alcohol addiction.
Brian has worked with anxietycentre.com for over 12 years. His clinical experience is with drug and alcohol, obsessive compulsive disorder, general anxiety disorder, phobias, panic disorder, social disorder, as well as performance related anxiety.
Brian has been married to his wife, Summer for 21 years. They have a 2 teenager, Connor who is 17 and Sarah who is 14. Brian enjoys spending time with his family, jogging, and recreational opportunities in the great outdoors.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.