Teletherapy Effective For Anxiety Disorder, Including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Numerous studies have found that teletherapy (therapy by phone) and distanced therapy (therapy at a distance using Internet technologies such as Skype) are just as effective as face-to-face therapy. In fact, in some cases, teletherapy and distanced therapy are better.
For example, a recent study suggests that "having a little bit of space" might improve outcomes.
This has been our experience as well. We've been using teletherapy and distanced therapy technologies since 2004, and we've found them to be very effective. And in many cases, more effective than face-to-face counseling, since it removes the barriers of social anxiety, client-experienced therapist anxiety (where the client is more anxious in the presence of a therapist), and addresses the needs of people who are somewhat, or entirely, housebound. We've also found that trust between the client and therapist grows more quickly than in face-to-face counseling, and clients are more forthcoming overall because of the higher level of confidentiality and anonymity, as well.
We've had many clients comment on how helpful and convenient it has been for them.
So if you have wondered if teletherapy or distanced therapy is effective, it is. And in some cases more so than face-to-face therapy.
Disclaimer: anxietycentre.com is not responsible for the accuracy of news releases posted by anxietycentre.com or for the use of any information through the anxietycentre.com system.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Research archive.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including the anxiety news item: teletherapy effective for anxiety disorder and depression.