SSRIs Associated With 40% Increase In Bleeding Risk When Used With Aspirin
A recent study has found that "patients taking both aspirin and an SSRI had a 42% increased risk of a bleeding episode - gastrointestinal bleeding, hemorrhagic stroke or other bleeding that required hospital admission - compared with those taking aspirin alone."
"Study lead Dr Elham Rahme, assistant professor at McGill University, Montreal, Canada said: 'Clinicians must weigh the benefits of SSRI therapy against the risk of bleeding in patients with major depression following acute myocardial infarction.'"
Disclaimer: anxietycentre.com is not responsible for the accuracy of news releases posted by anxietycentre.com or for the use of any information through the anxietycentre.com system.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Research archive.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including the anxiety news item: SSRIs Associated With 40% Increase In Bleeding Risk When Used With Aspirin.