Anxiety-like Medical Conditions
Anxiety can present a wide range of symptoms. Therefore, we recommend that all new, changing, or persistent symptoms be discussed with your doctor. Because there are a number of medical conditions that can cause anxiety-like symptoms, you want to be sure that nothing more serious is the cause of them.
The good news, however, is that most medical professionals are well trained to identify more serious medical conditions apart from anxiety.
If your doctor has diagnosed your symptoms as being anxiety related, you can feel confident that your doctor's diagnosis is accurate.
If you are not satisfied with your doctor's diagnosis, you might want to get a second or even third opinion. Feeling confident that anxiety is the sole cause of your symptoms can play an important role in alleviating them.
That said, the following is a list of anxiety symptoms along with other medical conditions that can cause or mimic them.
This list is not exhaustive.
Here is a listing of common anxiety symptoms.
For more information on Anxiety.
For more information on Anxiety Disorders.
For more information on Anxiety Attacks.
For more information about our Anxiety Therapy, Coaching, Counseling option; our Available Anxiety Therapists; to Book An Appointment with one of our anxiety therapists; common Anxiety Symptoms; our anxiety Recovery Support area; common Anxiety Myths; and our Anxiety 101 section.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our anxiety disorders signs and symptoms page.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including Anxiety-like Medical Conditions.