Slowly over a few months, my brain zaps became less frequent and eventually disappeared entirely. It still amazes me that anxiety can cause such extreme symptoms. I'm completely fine now and happy and loving life againEddie, UK
It started with mind zaps during a change in my life (my son growing up and leaving home). I was absolutely terrified about what was happening to me.
At first, I feared the worst and thought they must be something terribly wrong with my brain (e.g. brain tumor, etc.).
Eventually, after a couple of doctors’ assessments, they discounted anything serious due to the lack of any other symptoms. However, they persisted, up to six a day. So, I was still deeply worried, stressed, and down about things.
I began to understand and truly believe that my brain zaps were a symptom of my anxiety due to the life changes and my lifelong fear of health issues because of my father dying when I was 13.
Slowly over a few months, my brain zaps became less frequent and eventually disappeared entirely.
It still amazes me that anxiety can cause such extreme symptoms. I’m completely fine now and happy and loving life again.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.