Can Anxiety Cause Permanent Symptoms?
At the beginning of my struggle with anxiety, I had a few symptoms that came and went. Now, my anxiety symptoms are with me all the time. I'm starting to think that anxiety can cause permanent symptoms. Can anxiety cause permanent symptoms?
While anxiety can cause persistent symptoms, based on our personal and professional experiences with anxiety disorder and recovery, no, ALL anxiety symptoms subside when we've dealt with our anxiety issues and eliminated the body's chronic stress. This can be your expectation.
Anxiety symptoms are symptoms of stress. Eliminating anxious behavior and reducing stress will eventually eliminate the stress that causes persistent symptoms.
Unhealthy stress = sensations and symptoms of stress
Healthy stress = no sensations and symptoms of stress
So again, completely eliminating anxiety symptoms should be your expectation if you do the right work.
If you are experiencing chronic symptoms, that means your body has become chronically stressed, which we call stress-response hyperstimulation. Excessive physical stress and overly apprehensive behavior can cause chronic stress. As long as the body is chronically stressed, it can exhibit symptoms of stress, and of any type, number, intensity, duration, and frequency.
Persevering with your recovery efforts, and for long enough, will cause the cessation of ALL anxiety- and stress-caused sensations and symptoms.
For more information:
- Is it possible for a person to never recover from anxiety disorder?
- Common symptoms of anxiety, which includes complete descriptions and reasons.
- If any one can overcome anxiety disorder, why do some people have anxiety disorder long-term or their entire lives?
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Frequently Asked Questions page.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including Can Anxiety Cause Permanent Symptoms?