Can Anxiety Cause Flu-like Symptoms?
I've had a lot of anxiety symptoms, but not something like this. I've been feelings like I have the flu, yet I don't. My question is, can anxiety make you feel like you have the flu with flu-like symptoms even though you don't have the flu?
Yes! Overly apprehensive behavior and the chronic stress it causes can make it seem like you have the flu and flu-like symptoms.
This occurs because of how chronic stress affects the body, and how the body can become symptomatic when under sustained stress.
Recovery Support members can read more about why anxiety can make it seem like you have the flu and having flu-like symptoms under the "flu-like symptoms" symptom in the Symptoms section (Chapter 9).
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Frequently Asked Questions page.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including an answer to the question: Can Anxiety Make You Feel Like You Have The Flu And Flu-Like Symptoms?