Drug Industry Marketing - The Implications And Consequence
Pfizer to pay record $2.3 billion penalty
Justice Department cites unlawful prescription-drug promotions
"Federal prosecutors hit Pfizer Inc. with a record-breaking $2.3 billion in fines Wednesday and called the world’s largest drug maker a repeating corporate cheat for illegal drug promotions that plied doctors with free golf, massages, and resort junkets."
A recent New York Times article describes how Forest Laboratories, makers of Lexapro, turned "a medicinal afterthought into a best seller."
This is another example of how Big Pharma influences what medical professionals prescribe.
For more information:
- Anxiety Myth: Anxiety is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain
- Anxiety Myth: Anxiety is caused by a biological problem with the brain
- Anxiety Myth: Anxiety is caused by a genetic predisposition
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- Anxiety Disorders, Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, and Treatment.
- Anxiety attacks and panic symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop panic attacks.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results.
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to recover.
Return to our anxiety tips page.