Anxiety Treatments: Acupuncture
There are a number of anxiety treatments available today. But not all are equal or provide the same results.
Anxiety treatments can be classified into two categories:
1. Symptom relief – treatments solely focused on providing symptom relief (full or partial).
2. Addressing the core causes of anxiety – identifying and successfully addressing the underlying core issues that cause an anxiety condition. Once these core factors have been addressed, anxiety and its symptoms disappear.
NOTE: Symptom relief treatments only affect the symptoms. They SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS ANXIETY CURES, since they don't address the real problems that cause anxiety.
Treatments that address the core causes of anxiety do cure anxiety conditions. When the root problems are successfully addressed, the problem and its symptoms disappear.
Here are the results of our recent mini poll on anxiety treatment options:
Acupuncture as an anxiety treatment option:
Can acupuncture provide anxiety symptom relief? Yes, it does for some.
In our recent poll, participants indicated:
Of those who tried acupuncture:
- 34.1% said they experienced no difference.
- 56.1% said they experienced little to great benefit.
- No one experienced complete relief.
- 9.1% said it made things worse.
But does acupuncture actually work?
In a recent German study, researchers found that real acupuncture faired only slightly better than sham acupuncture (fake acupuncture). Hmmm...
For more detailed information about our poll results or this study, members can the complete results, including results about accupuncture, in Chapter 10 in the Member's area.
Have a great week!
Advertisement - Article Continues Below
Common Anxiety Symptoms
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to Anxiety Tips
Return to Anxiety Disorders Signs and Symptoms section.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and professional therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including: Anxiety treatment accupuncture.
Recovery Support Benefits
√ 5000+ pages of self-help information.
√ Information you won't find elsewhere.
√ Information is updated and added to daily.
√ Comprehensive symptoms section with each symptom described and explained.
√ Frequent Questions section with answers to over 1300 questions commonly asked about anxiety.
√ Skype Live Call-In with Jim Folk and guests, as well as over 100 hours of recorded discussions.
√ Private members discussion forum with years of discussions and answers.
√ And so much more.
"The member's area of your website has the best anxiety symptoms section anywhere.
Now, I know what to do. You guys are great!!" - J.G.
See Recovery Stories