Anxiety Therapy - How Effective Is Anxiety Therapy?
This is the last installment in our series on anxiety treatments. Last week we posted our summary conclusions on the effectiveness of anxiety treatments based on a poll we conducted in 2007. The poll was open to the general public and we received hundreds of responses from around the world.
Based on the overall results from this poll, respondents said that anxiety therapy was the most effective treatment for anxiety.
How effective is
Based on last year’s poll results, we can’t be certain because respondents didn’t indicate which therapists or programs they tried. So to get a more accurate picture of the effectiveness of anxiety therapy, we recently conducted a survey to those who are receiving therapy from anxietycentre.com therapists.
The results from this survey showed:
100 percent of respondents said they found anxietycentre.com therapy helpful.
- Of this number, 83.3 percent gave anxietycentre.com therapists the highest marks for the quality of help received.
100 percent of respondents said they benefited from anxietycentre.com therapy.
- Of this number, 87.5 percent gave anxietycentre.com therapists the highest marks for the benefits received.
100 percent of respondents said they thought their therapy was worth it.
- Of this number, 79.2 percent gave anxietycentre.com therapists the highest marks in value received.
100 percent of respondents said they would recommend anxietycentre.com therapy to others.
- Of this number, 83.3 percent said they would “Absolutely” recommend anxietycentre.com therapy to others (this was the highest rating for this question).
On the question, “How would you rate anxietycentre.com therapy?”
- 70.8 percent of respondents gave anxietycentre.com therapists top marks by stating that anxietycentre.com therapists provided “The Best” help respondents had ever received.
- 25 percent said that anxietycentre.com therapists provided “Very Good” help (the second highest rating).
- 4.2 percent said that anxietycentre.com therapists provided “Good” help (the third highest rating).
- No one said anxietycentre.com therapy wasn't helpful.
When you combine the results from this survey, with the results from our poll last year, and with the findings of other recent anxiety disorder studies, it is clear that Anxiety Therapy is the most effective approach for resolving anxiety disorder. And based on our experiences as past anxiety sufferers, as those who have recovered from anxiety, and as anxiety therapists, anxiety therapy is the ONLY approach that ensures lasting relief.
We thank all of those anxietycentre.com therapy clients who responded to our survey. Your generous comments have been a great blessing to us.
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder coach, counselor, or therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
For more information about our Anxiety Counseling option; our Available Anxiety Therapists; to Book An Appointment with one of our anxiety therapists; common Anxiety Signs and Symptoms; common Anxiety Attack Symptoms; the symptoms of panic attack disorder; anxiety Recovery Support area; information about Anxiety; and our Anxiety 101 section; or click on the appropriate link or graphic below:
Return to our anxiety tips page.
Authors: Jim Folk, Marilyn Folk, BScN. Last updated September 3, 2018.