Odd Tastes And Smell Symptoms - A tinny, metallic, ammonia, blood-like, bitter, or odd or unusual smell or taste in the mouth and/or nose - anxiety symptoms
Odd smells or tastes anxiety symptoms descriptions:
Taste and smell symptoms:
- You have a sporadic or persistent odd taste or smell.
- You have a tinny or metallic taste or smell.
- You have an ammonia smell or taste.
- You have a blood-like taste in your mouth.
- You have a bitter or repugnant smell or taste.
- You have odd smells or tastes.
- These odd smells or tastes are not related to anything you've eaten, or from your environment.
- These odd smells or tastes don't have a rational explanation.
These odd smells or tastes can come and go rarely, occur frequently, or persist indefinitely. For example, you may have an odd smell and/or taste once in a while and not that often, have it off and on, or have it all the time.
These odd smells or tastes may precede, accompany, or follow an escalation of other anxiety sensations and symptoms, or occur by itself.
These odd smells or tastes can precede, accompany, or follow an episode of nervousness, anxiety, fear, and elevated stress, or occur ‘out of the blue’ and for no apparent reason.
These odd smells or tastes can range in intensity from slight, to moderate, to severe. They can also come in waves, where they are strong one moment and ease off the next.
These odd smells or tastes can change from day to day, and/or from moment to moment.
All of the above combinations and variations are common.
Why can anxiety cause odd smells and tastes?
There are many reasons why anxiety can cause odd smells and tastes. For more information, see our "Bad Taste In Mouth Anxiety Symptoms" symptom.
For a more detailed explanation about all anxiety symptoms, why symptoms can persist long after the stress response has ended, common barriers to recovery and symptom elimination, and more recovery strategies and tips, we have many chapters that address this information in the Recovery Support area of our website.
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to Anxiety Symptoms section.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including odd smells or tastes anxiety symptoms.
Recovery Support Benefits
√ 5000+ pages of self-help information.
√ Information you won't find elsewhere.
√ Information is updated and added to daily.
√ Comprehensive symptoms section with each symptom described and explained.
√ Frequent Questions section with answers to over 1300 questions commonly asked about anxiety.
√ Skype Live Call-In with Jim Folk and guests, as well as over 100 hours of recorded discussions.
√ Private members discussion forum with years of discussions and answers.
√ And so much more.
"The member's area of your website has the best anxiety symptoms section anywhere.
Now, I know what to do. You guys are great!!" - J.G.
See Recovery Stories