Fear of dying
Fear of dying anxiety and anxiety attack symptom common descriptions:
- You fear that what you have is terminal and nobody knows.
- You may also fear that the chest pains are a deadly heart attack or that the shooting pains in your head are the result of a tumor or aneurysm.
- You feel that any one of the symptoms you experience are life threatening.
- You feel an intense fear when you think of dying, or you may think of it more often than normal, or can't get it out of your mind.
- You may also fear leaving your family/loved ones behind and on their own.
- You may have a 'sense' that you may die soon or that you have an ongoing fear of death and its implications.
NOTE: There are direct physiological and psychological reasons why anxiety symptoms occur. The Recovery Support area contains detailed information about common anxiety symptoms including what they are, why they occur, and what you can do to eliminate them. It includes the anxiety symptom fear of dying.
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive understanding of: Anxiety Disorders Symptoms & Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our anxiety symptoms page.