Body zaps , electric jolt feeling in body, intense body tremor or “body shake” - anxiety symptoms
- It feels as if you experienced a sudden strong zap, tremor, vibration, or jolt in your body.
- You also may feel like your body just received an electrical jolt or zap. While it wasn’t burning or hot, your body jolted or experienced an intense tremor for a moment. Others describe it as having a sudden intense “body shake.”
This symptom can affect one part of the body, many parts of the body, or the entire body. It can occur rarely, occassionally, or persistently.
For a more complete explanation, see our body jolts anxiety symptoms.
Chapter 9 in the Recovery Support area of our website is our Anxiety Symptoms chapter. We list all of the symptoms commonly associated with anxiety disorder in this chapter, including the anxiety symptom body zaps.
Each symptom listed there contains a complete description of what the symptom feels like and how others describe it, we explain why each symptom occurs, we provide natural and practical ways you can eliminate each symptom, and how common each symptom is (the percentage of people who experience it).
Advertisement - Article Continues Below
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our anxiety symptoms page.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and coaching/counseling/therapy for problematic anxiety and its sensations and symptoms, including body zaps.
Recovery Support Benefits
√ 5000+ pages of self-help information.
√ Information you won't find elsewhere.
√ Information is updated and added to daily.
√ Comprehensive symptoms section with each symptom described and explained.
√ Frequent Questions section with answers to over 1300 questions commonly asked about anxiety.
√ Skype Live Call-In with Jim Folk and guests, as well as over 100 hours of recorded discussions.
√ Private members discussion forum with years of discussions and answers.
√ And so much more.
"The member's area of your website has the best anxiety symptoms section anywhere.
Now, I know what to do. You guys are great!!" - J.G.
See Recovery Stories