Anxiety Symptoms - Red Skin, Skin Turning Red
Red skin, skin turning red:
- Your skin appears to be or looks like it is turning red.
- Your skin might also feel flushed, hot, unusually warm, or like you have a sunburn.
- You might also experience uncontrollable burning, blushing, flushing, or unusual warmth on your skin.
- Your skin can also look red, inflamed, flushed, or blushed.
This red skin symptom can persistently affect one area only, can shift and affect another area or areas, and can migrate all over and affect many areas over and over again.
This red skin symptom can come and go rarely, occur frequently, or persist indefinitely. For example, you may notice red skin once in a while and not that often, notice red skin off and on, or notice it all the time.
This red skin symptom may precede, accompany, or follow an escalation of other anxiety sensations and symptoms, or occur by itself.
This red skin symptom can precede, accompany, or follow an episode of nervousness, anxiety, fear, and elevated stress, or occur ‘out of the blue’ and for no apparent reason.
This red skin symptom can range in intensity from slight, to moderate, to severe. It can also come in waves, where it’s strong one moment and eases off the next.
This red skin symptom can change from day to day, and/or from moment to moment.
All of the above combinations and variations are common.
What causes the red skin anxiety symptom?
This symptom is a result of how anxiety, and the stress it causes, can affect the body. When the body experiences a stress response and/or becomes overly stressed, it can behave in certain, including odd and unusual, ways. Having your skin turn red is an example of this.
While having red skin or having your skin turn red may be startling initially, it's harmless and needn't be a cause for concern. Many people who are anxious or overly stressed experience this symptom.
How to get rid of the red skin anxiety symptom?
Because this symptom is just a symptom of an active stress response and/or elevated stress, again, it needn't be a cause for concern. It will disappear when you reduce your stress and give your body ample time to calm down. As your body's stress returns to a more normal level, symptoms of stress subside, including the red skin anxiety symptom.
For a more detailed explanation about all anxiety symptoms, why symptoms can persist long after the stress response has ended, common barriers to recovery and symptom elimination, and more recovery strategies and tips, we have many chapters that address this information in the Recovery Support area of our website.
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive understanding of: Anxiety Disorders Symptoms & Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our anxiety symptoms page.