Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, CFS - Anxiety Like Medical Condition
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, CFS
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) drains a person’s energy to the point that they are unable to attend to their normal activities of daily life. The fatigue is prolonged in nature and may last anywhere from a month to years. Chronic fatigue syndrome affects twice as many women as men.
Signs and Symptoms
- Feeling of being in a fog and unable to concentrate or remember
- Low-grade fever (100.4 F) and chills
- Muscle and joint aches
- Severe fatigue that comes on suddenly, especially after you've had the flu
- Sore throat and swollen glands
The cause of CFS is unknown, but some believe that a virus may be responsible. There appears to be a correlation between extreme stress or anxiety, poor nutritional patterns, and flu-like symptoms that linger on.
For a more detailed explanation about all anxiety symptoms, why symptoms can persist long after the stress response has ended, common barriers to recovery and symptom elimination, and more recovery strategies and tips, we have many chapters that address this information in the Recovery Support area of our website.
Advertisement - Article Continues Below
Common Anxiety Symptoms
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to Anxiety-like Medical Conditions
Return to Anxiety Disorders Signs and Symptoms section.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and professional therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, CFS.
Recovery Support Benefits
√ 5000+ pages of self-help information.
√ Information you won't find elsewhere.
√ Information is updated and added to daily.
√ Comprehensive symptoms section with each symptom described and explained.
√ Frequent Questions section with answers to over 1300 questions commonly asked about anxiety.
√ Skype Live Call-In with Jim Folk and guests, as well as over 100 hours of recorded discussions.
√ Private members discussion forum with years of discussions and answers.
√ And so much more.
"The member's area of your website has the best anxiety symptoms section anywhere.
Now, I know what to do. You guys are great!!" - J.G.
See Recovery Stories