Hormones affect the body in many ways. A change in hormones can cause many anxiety-like symptoms and aggravate existing anxiety symptoms, such as:
- Aches and pains
- Blurred vision
- Decreased sex drive
- Depressed feelings
- Digestive and bowel problems
- Dry skin
- Frequent urination
- Hair thinning
- Increased hunger
- Increased or decreased heart rate
- Increased thirst
- Joint and muscle stiffness
- Muscle weakness
- Profuse sweating
- Weight gain or loss
Dramatic hormone fluctuations can occur for many reasons, such as:
- Monthly menstruation cycle
- Perimenopause, menopause, postmenopause
- Medical conditions
- Medical treatment
- Poor diet
- Lack of exercise
- Exposure to environmental toxins and chemicals
To name a few.
Consequently, it’s wise to discuss all new, changing, persistent, and returning symptoms with your doctor to ensure they are solely anxiety- and stress-related and not being caused by dramatic hormone fluctuations.
If some of your anxiety symptoms are being caused or aggravated by dramatic hormone changes, addressing the cause with your doctor could alleviate the anxiety-like symptoms, as well as stop aggravating your existing anxiety disorder symptoms.
Common Anxiety Symptoms
- For a comprehensive list of Anxiety Disorders Symptoms Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our anxiety disorders signs and symptoms page.
anxietycentre.com: Information, support, and therapy for anxiety disorder and its symptoms, including Hormone Changes.