Sheri Vincent, B.HAdm., M.A.CM.; Certified Member of CCPA - Therapist
Sheri specializes in therapy for:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Panic Disorder (PAD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Health, medical anxieties/fears
- Dying, death anxieties/fears
- Seniors anxiety, issues
- Stress management
- Communication issues
- Inter-cultural issues
- Marriage and Family counselling
- Parenting issues
- Special needs parenting issues
- Adoption/Fostering issues
- FASD parenting issues
- RAD parenting issues
Sheri is also a "'Lyme Literate Therapist" (experienced in helping people who are dealing with Lyme Disease)
Sheri experienced the following symptoms:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Panic Disorder (PAD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Panic Attacks
- Social anxiety/withdrawal
- Breathing issues
- Chest pains, heart palpitations, increased heart rate
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Crisis/negative/obsessive thinking
- Mind Chatter
- Depressive mood/thoughts of death/suicidal
- Fear of losing control
- Imagining/expecting the worst
- Feelings of impending doom
- Fear of small, confined spaces (claustrophobia)
- Fear of going outside my home (agoraphobia)
- Fear of judgment by others
- Obsessive thoughts
- Frequent feelings of unreality, depersonalization, and disassociation
- And many more…
Sheri understands the pain and despair associated with struggling to live with the debilitating reality of anxiety and depression. Because she could not remember a time when she did not struggle with anxiety, for many years she held on to the false belief that she was born with a disorder that would keep her trapped in a world of fear forever.
At a young age Sheri dealt with a difficult relationship with her parents, and was encouraged to believe she had little self-worth or control over what happened in her life. She frequently felt unsafe, rejected, and as though she had little value as a person. When she was 18 years old, Sheri suffered a brutal rape, which she concealed from those around her. Out of the self-shame she has already learned to place on herself, she made the choice to attempt to burry this incident in her mind.
Several months later, Sheri’s struggle with anxiety and depression escalated, as the effects of this trauma found a way to express themselves in physical symptoms. Fear about what was happening to her body and mind led to a further decent into the world of anxiety and depression symptoms. Sheri was temporarily hospitalized and treated with various psychopharmaceutical medications. Upon her release she was unable to even leave her home, suffering from severe agoraphobia, hypervigilance, and feelings of unreality and depersonalization that made it difficult for her to function. Realizing that the treatment she was being given was not truly helping in her recovery, Sheri sought counselling to address the underlying factors associated with the anxiety and depression she was experiencing. During this time Sheri also turned more strongly to her faith, which assisted her in making great strides towards discovering the long-standing and ingrained false beliefs and wrong behaviors she had developed that had ultimately led to her condition. After nearly 3 years of counselling, Sheri was able to feel confident that those years of suffering were behind her. She has now been symptom and medication free for over 16 years.
Out of a desire to help others going through the same suffering and despair, in 2008 Sheri obtained a Master of Arts degree majoring in Marriage and Family Counselling from Briercrest Seminary. Sheri received the Briercrest Graduate Proficiency and Excellence Award in Counselling Skills for her graduating class, and takes very seriously the quality of counselling she provides for her clients.
Sheri lived in various countries as a child when her parents travelled for work. As such, Sheri has a heart for cross-cultural relationships and counselling, and made this the topic of her master’s thesis. In addition, Sheri herself has a multicultural family, having adopted four children of differing cultural backgrounds. Sheri also has experience with the challenges of being a part of a blended family, as well as parenting special needs children and the struggles that are often associated with that undertaking.
Shortly after Sheri graduated from her master’s degree program, she began counselling for Anxietycentre.com. She very much enjoyed her years working with these clients, and was thrilled to witness the recovery of so many people. She also ran a private counselling practice in her city, where she specialized in marriage counselling. It then became necessary for Sheri to take a hiatus from her work in order to focus on her younger adopted children with special needs. Several years later, Sheri has now returned to work with Axietycentre.com, and is excited to be back. She believes strongly in the success of the Anxietycentre.com program, and its ability to help those who are needlessly suffering.
Sheri and her husband live in rural southeastern Saskatchewan, with their five children, and their dearly-loved Basset Hound, Daisy.
TESTIMONIALS: click each link for the complete testimonial.
"I know anxietycentre.com's program works and it will work for you." - Debbie, New England
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive understanding of: Anxiety Disorders Symptoms & Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.