Larry Rohrick, M.A. Missiology; M.A. Counselling Psychology; Associate member of PACCP – Therapist
Larry specializes in counseling for:
- Anxiety disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Panic Disorder (PAD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Seniors anxiety, issues
- Parents (in reducing anxiety and aggression in their children)
- Spiritual Concerns
Larry experienced the following symptoms:
- brain fog
- chronic fatigue and exhaustion
- constant feeling of being overwhelmed
- debilitating emotional pain
- difficulty concentrating
- difficulty getting up in the morning
- difficulty thinking, speaking, forming thoughts, and following conversations
- fears of going crazy
- felt like crying for no apparent reason
- heaviness in stomach
- loss of enjoyment of life
- obsessing about getting better
- racing heart
- reduced vocabulary
- routine responsibilities were too much to handle
- short term learning and memory impairments
- social withdrawal
- stomach/digestive problems
- sweaty palms
- waking up with panic attacks
Larry understands the darkness of depression and anxiety. For him, the despair descended like a black cloud after college while on trip to Europe. A broken heart and a crisis of faith combined to sink him into a despondency from which it took years for him to recover.
Experiencing what was likely a nervous breakdown, Larry endured a myriad of symptoms including panic attacks, chronic fatigue and exhaustion, a constant feeling of being overwhelmed, and difficulty thinking, speaking, forming thoughts and concentrating, which left him despairing of life.
Upon returning to Canada, the flexible hours in the family business are what kept him going as he could barely function and could not otherwise face normal responsibilities.
Being ashamed of mental illness, Larry tried to make sense of his problem by attributing his suffering to spiritual causes alone. This only complicated matters and he suffered additionally through the words and counsel of many well-meaning, yet ill-informed people. He felt that he was somehow being punished and a feeling of impending doom settled in.
Desperately trying to find answers, Larry returned to his studies and completed his first master’s degree. While there he met and married his wife which brought some temporary reprieve from his misery. Larry entered pastoral ministry and soon he and his wife were involved in church planting in Europe, but it was not long before the anxiety and depression set in again. Finding that he could not cope with life in this condition, they returned to Canada where Larry found work that seemed to drain what little emotional energy he had left. Feeling trapped and hopeless, Larry went for counselling and began to rebuild his life.
In time, he continued with his studies and earned a second master’s degree, this time in counselling psychology, which carried him further along the path towards wholeness. In finding answers for himself, Larry has grown to be symptom free from the debilitating effects of depression and anxiety, and has furthermore become skilled in helping others find similar freedom. He also has a growing expertise in helping parents deal with anxiety in their children.
Today, Larry and his wife are busy raising their three sons in rural British Columbia and thoroughly enjoy the outdoors.
Testimonials: Click each link for the complete testimonial.
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive understanding of: Anxiety Disorders Symptoms & Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.