Do Your Therapists Take Health Insurance?
Regarding health insurance, some of our therapists are eligible to be covered by certain health plans. Because each insurance provider is unique in what they will cover, you will need to ask your health plan provider a few questions:
- Will they cover Master Degree therapists, including psychotherapists (some health insurance plans only cover chartered psychologists, psychiatrists, or social workers but not Master Degree Therapists or psychotherapists)?
- Will they cover therapy done at a distance, often referred to as "teletherapy" or "distanced counseling," such as over the phone or via the Internet?
All of our therapists are members of a governing body, which is something many health plan providers are looking for. To be sure what your plan covers, you’ll need to ask your health insurance provider for more information.
If your health plan provider will cover your therapy sessions with one of our recommended therapists, also ask what they will need from us. Once we have this information, we can proceed.
Also note that most health insurance providers only cover a certain number of sessions. You may want to ask about that, as well.
Yes, we can provide an official receipt for your therapy sessions. Just let your therapist know you'd like official receipts for insurance purposes and your therapist will let us know you need an official receipt.
If you have any additional or specific questions about therapy and health insurance coverage, you can email us for more information.
NOTE: The decision to cover your therapy costs is entirely up to your insurance company. We can only provide what we are able to. Consequently, we make no assurances that your session costs will be covered by your insurance company, as that decision is up to your insurance company and not up to us.
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive understanding of: Anxiety Disorders Symptoms & Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Frequent Questions page.