Can Anxiety Cause Permanent Symptoms?
Based on our personal and professional experiences with anxiety disorder and lasting recovery, no, ALL anxiety sensations and symptoms disappear when the body returns to normal, non-hyperstimulated health. This should be your expectation.
Since anxiety symptoms are symptoms of abnormal stress, when the abnormal stress is resolved, the body DOESN’T exhibit stress symptoms. The body ONLY exhibits stress symptoms WHEN it is overly stressed.
Abnormal stress = sensations and symptoms of abnormal stress
Normal stress = no sensations and symptoms of abnormal stress
So again, completely eliminating your anxiety symptoms should be your expectation.
If your symptoms are lingering, that means your body’s stress is abnormally elevated either from persistent stress, such as physical stress or overly apprehensive behavior, or because your body hasn’t fully recovered yet. Period! As long as the body is overly stressed, it will exhibit symptoms of stress, and of any type, number, intensity, duration, and frequency.
Persevering with your recovery strategies and for long enough will cause the cessation of ALL anxiety- and stress-caused sensations and symptoms. Count on it!
For more information:
- Is it possible for a person to never recover from anxiety disorder?
- Common symptoms of anxiety, which includes complete descriptions and reasons.
- If any one can overcome anxiety disorder, why do some people have anxiety disorder long-term or their entire lives?
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- Anxiety Disorders, Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, and Treatment.
- Anxiety attacks and panic symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop panic attacks.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results.
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to recover.
Return to our Anxiety Frequent Questions page.