Can Anxiety Make You Feel Like You Have The Flu And Flu-Like Symptoms?
Yes! Being chronically anxious can make it seem like you have the flu and flu-like symptoms. This occurs because of how behaving anxiously affects the body, and how the body can behave when it’s under sustained stress, such as that from overly apprehensive behavior.
You can read more about this under our ‘feeling like the flu and flu-like symptoms” symptom on our anxiety symptoms page. Recovery Support members can read more about why anxiety can make it seem like you have the flu and/or having flu-like symptoms under the ‘flu-like symptoms’ symptom in the Symptoms section (Chapter 9).
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive understanding of: Anxiety Disorders Symptoms & Signs, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results. Such as:
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to overcome it.
Return to our Anxiety Frequent Questions page.