Brian Sellers, M.Ed., NBCC, Anxiety Coach/Consultant
Brian specializes in coaching/consulting for:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety disorder (SAD)
- Panic Disorder (PAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Binge Eating
Brian experienced the following symptoms:
- Chest pains
- Chronic Indigestion/stomach problems
- Cold sweats
- Difficulty focusing and concentrating
- Difficulty swallowing during meals
- Digestive problems & discomfort
- Fear of hurting myself or loved ones
- Fear of losing my mind (Dementia)
- Jittery feelings
- Muscle spasms in legs
- Obsessive thoughts/Obsessions
- Pain in my joints
- Perceived allergic reactions
- Pressure in the head, especially eyes
- Seeing spots in vision/vision symptoms
- Sensitively to loud places
- Shallow breathing
- Tachycardia/Heart palpitations
- Tension in head and neck
- Thoughts of losing control
- and many more
Brian Sellers understands the pain, suffering, and fear associated with anxiety and panic disorder. During his late adolescence and early adulthood, Brian experienced distressing symptoms and persistent panic attacks, with many symptoms and attacks coming 'out-of-the-blue' and at anytime. While his condition was difficult, it was most problematic while he was driving. Many times Brian would pull over on the side of the road or turn around and cancel his trip because of the overwhelming symptoms and fear.
As Brian's anxiety condition escalated, he became fearful that something terrible would happen to him. He became obsessed with thoughts about death and dying. Convinced that he would never overcome his condition and that he would always struggle with his dreadful thoughts and feelings, Brian felt ashamed and thought that he was different from other people his age. While he desperately wanted to get rid of his condition, he didn't know how.
In spite of Brian's best efforts to eliminate his anxiety condition, it persisted throughout his college years. Afraid of being ridiculed and laughed at, Brian avoided talking about his thoughts and experiences. Consequently, he continued to struggle in silence.
A turning point came for Brian, however, in the fall of 1997. During a panic attack while driving, Summer, Brian's wife who was his girlfriend at the time, asked him to challenge his fearful thinking, and that even though he felt awful he wasn't going to die. Encouraged by Summer's reassurance, instead of withdrawing in fear, Brian challenged his fearful thinking and soon learned that he could control his symptoms and fears, and consequently, his panic attacks. Over time, Brian fully conquered his panic disorder and returned to normal health. Brian has been panic attack-free for over ten years.
Wanting to help others, in 2004, Brian began working toward a master's degree in counseling at the University of Montevallo in Montevallo, Alabama. In the fall of 2006, Brian and his family moved to Mississippi where he completed his Internship and began working as a counselor at Turning Point Counseling in the area of drug and alcohol addiction.
In addition to Brian's experience and training, Brian also has experience working with adolescents who have been physically and sexually abused, adolescent sexual offenders and their parents, as well as others who have experienced anxiety and depression.
Brian and Summer have two children and live in Mississippi, USA.
TESTIMONIALS: Click on each link to read the complete testimonial.
"Brian Sellers is absolutely wonderful to work with." - Betty, Canada
"THANK YOU Brian Sellers and Jim Folk." - Breanne, USA
The combination of good self-help information and working with an experienced anxiety disorder therapist is the most effective way to address anxiety disorder and its many symptoms. Until the core causes of anxiety are addressed - the underlying factors that motivate apprehensive behavior - a struggle with anxiety disorder can return again and again. Identifying and successfully addressing anxiety's underlying factors is the best way to overcome problematic anxiety.
- For a comprehensive understanding of: Anxiety Disorders, Symptoms, Types, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
- Anxiety and panic attacks symptoms can be powerful experiences. Find out what they are and how to stop them.
- How to stop an anxiety attack and panic.
- Free online anxiety tests to screen for anxiety. Two minute tests with instant results.
- Anxiety 101 is a summarized description of anxiety, anxiety disorder, and how to recover.