therapy, therapy for anxiety, anxiety counselling
Based on our many years of experience both as
anxiety sufferers and as professional anxiety coaches/counselors/therapists,
the most effective way to treat anxiety is with the combination
good self-help information and anxiety therapy.
This combination produces a much higher rate of success when
compared to other recovery strategies. It is also the only combination
that ensures lasting results.
While many people can achieve some form of anxiety and symptom
reduction on their own, the results may be incomplete or temporary.
The addition of anxiety therapy makes sure
that the underlying factors associated with anxiety are properly
addressed thereby eliminating the problems that can cause anxiety
to resurface at a later time. Unless the underlying causes of
anxiety are addressed, anxiety has the potential to return again
and again. Addressing the underlying factors ensures that normal
health is achieved and maintained.
Based on the many years of experience with anxiety, we know
that anxiety is NOT a biological disease we inherit or contract.
Anxiety is something we cause. We cause ourselves anxiety because
we’ve learned to live more fearfully and stressfully than
others. At the root of anxiety lie unhealthy beliefs, thoughts,
actions, and behaviors: the underlying factors that cause us
to produce anxiety. Unless these underlying factors are addressed,
they will continue to CAUSE anxiety, and consequently, to cause
anxiety conditions to persist or return again and again.
Yes, most people can achieve a certain level of symptom relief
on their own, and maybe even complete symptom relief for a while.
But if the underlying factors aren’t successfully addressed,
the potential remains for anxiety as a condition to return.
Working with an anxiety therapist ensures that
these underlying factors are successfully identified AND addressed.
Without the help of an experienced anxiety therapist, most often
these underlying factors remain undetected, and therefore, unaddressed.
While there may be a negative stigma attached
to therapy, anxiety therapists specialize in this area and therefore
can provide great insight into problems that are generally invisible
to the untrained eye. Without the help of an experienced anxiety
therapist, most often these underlying factors remain undetected,
and therefore, unaddressed.
Since knowledge is power, and especially as it pertains to anxiety
recovery, an anxiety therapist’s personal and professional
insight can be a vital component to lasting recovery.
There are many advantages to working with a good anxiety therapist.
An anxiety therapist can:
- Help you understand your condition, based on your unique
situation and circumstances. Since anxiety affects each person
differently, a therapist can help you understand your anxiety
condition as it pertains to you specifically, and not generally.
- Help you to better understand your symptoms.
- Help you understand why your condition developed.
- Identify the underlying factors associated with your condition
(the core issues and causes).
- Help you to understand how they developed and where they
- Formulate a personalized recovery plan specifically for your
unique situation and circumstances.
- Provide you with tools and strategies to bring about healthy
- Help you to remain on track with your recovery goals.
- Provide ongoing question and answer support.
- Provide ongoing emotional support and reassurance.
- Provide ongoing evaluation.
- Spot potential obstacles or barriers to recovery.
- Provide personalized assistance and insight based on their
training and personal experience with anxiety.
- Help spouses, family members, and friends understand the
validity of an anxiety condition, and offer them practical
tips on how they can best help you during your recovery.
- Make sure that all troublesome areas are addressed so that
your recovery is complete.
- Support you through the rough spots on the way to lasting
- Design a medication elimination strategy and suitable tapering
regime, if applicable and desired.
- Provide insight on medication elimination expectations.
- Assist and support you through to medication elimination.
- Assist and support you as you begin to live medication-free.
- Mentor you through to lasting recovery.
In a recent survey, those who visited our website found great
value in working with an experienced anxiety therapist.
If you are struggling with anxiety, consider working with one
of our therapists. They are experienced
and equipped to help you resolve your anxiety so that you can
return to normal and lasting health.